Tutoring occurs one-on-one, giving students coaching time with our set of elite instructors, booked to fit your scheduling needs. Individual coaching is an excellent way for students to receive a curriculum customized to fit their needs, at a pace appropriate for them. Whether a student is seeking an introductory curriculum to the fundamentals of debate, or seeking advanced work on a series of specialized debate skills, each student’s individual tutoring program is tailored to fit their needs.
- Access to tutors drawn from the pool of our summer faculty, which represents a selection of the best debate coaches in the country
- Coaching sessions focus on a curriculum suitable to each student
- Structured drills and practice to solidify improvement
- Supporting materials and assignments that students can complete between sessions
- Flexible scheduling to fit into each student’s summer schedule
Students receive free access to NSD’s Skill Builder curriculum. Skill Builder features stand-alone curriculum modules intended for independent study, built by top faculty. Skill Builder helps students solidify background skills ahead of camp, so students can focus on what matters most while they are tutoring.
- Purpose built by top debate coaches to help students improve their debate skills through focused, individual work
- Step-by-step, easy to use modules with tools to improve their debate skills and arrive ready to maximize their improvement
- Includes drill materials and rubrics for self-assessment, so students can practice on their own
- Great for students with skill areas they want to improve on their own, and for true beginners who who want an introduction to debate
- Helps students focus on the most valuable work during sessions, not on catching up